Monday, February 28, 2011

Bread Starter Use

I have been using the bread starter I posted earlier.  I actually made one dough that I used used part of for a couple of strombolis .  I froze the rest then made this bread with it on Saturday.  It turned out well. The dough recipe is below.

Ingredients:
  • 852 g (6 cups) Bread flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 1 cup starter
  • 2 tbl olive oil
Directions:

Place all ingredients into a mixer with a dough hook.  Kneed for about 15 minutes.  You can do this by hand too, but it takes some work.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to double in size.  This could take 8 hours.  Punch down.  Divide into 3 equal pieces.  I made 2 large strombolis from one of these.  The other two I oiled well and placed in Ziploc bags and refrigerated for a couple days before transferring to the freezer.  When I was ready to use them, I took them out of the freezer the night before and placed back in the refrigerator.  I made two baguettes with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment