Monday, February 7, 2011

Bridal Shower Eats


My wife asked me to make some goodies for one of her friends bridal shower last week. I made a couple of different cookies and by request, some more sausage cheese balls. The first cookies I a made were Mexican Wedding cookies. I followed The American Test Kitchen's recipe with the exception that I toasted the pecan's for about 10 minutes. These are one of my wife's favorite cookies.


I also made up my own cookie with a little help. I found a tart dough recipe on Chef Eddy's website, then turned it into cookies. After chilling, I rolled out the dough very thinly and cut it with a heart shaped cookie cutter. I baked them for about 10 minutes, cooled them, spread the hazelnut paste I made on half of them, sandwiched them, then dipped them in both white and semisweet chocolate. They turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment